Saturday, November 19, 2011

Illustrate a Story




I chose W. Perry's and E. Gregory's story. It was quite impotant for me to illustrate an upbeat, happy narrative. The two friends have traveled to over 125 countries together. The collage I've created is composed of ten different layers. Each layer symbolizes a part of the ladies' story. The background is a photo of a beach in Fiji (one of the places the two have visited). The building in the upper left corner is the Parliament of the Republic of South Africa, which was also mentioned in the narrative. The beautiful building placed on the beach, is the infamous Church of the Savior on Spilled Blood. I decided to include it in the collage as a representation of Saint Petersburg, Russia. The stone on the beach is a piece of the Berlin Wall. The plane and the insane amount of luggage are self-explanatory. The piles of ice and the adorable penguins symbolize the friends' future trips, as they joke about visiting Antarctica next. Last but not least, the two little girls dressed in pink embody Perry's and Gregory's close friendship.

2 comments:

  1. I like your story....
    My writing is not that much good so i could have some idea from your writting..
    good job..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome story, I wish I could travel that much! Your collage is really good and it does portray an upbeat happy narrative!

    ReplyDelete